• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needing Advice Dealing with Child Custody....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sasysara

The situation is:
My fiance's exwife has refused to let him have any kind of contact with his children for about 4 or more months and before then, she would only let him see them when SHE wanted him to or when she needed a "babysitter". He has since moved out of the state (NV and now resides in TX) that they were married and divorced in which is also the state where his children are. The exwife has since remarried and has moved leaving NO forwarding address and no phone # to be reached at. In previous attempts, the exwife has blocked our phone # and the phone #'s of my parents and his parents.

The exwife's excuse for such behavior is that she wants the child support, and she states that if she doesn't get the CS, he doesn't get to talk to his children.

The exwife has even gone so far as to tell my fiance's children that he doesn't care about them, that the person she has since married is their father and that they, the children, are to call him father.

My fiance and I are at our wits end!!

We are in the process of looking into what we can do and what HE can do since he is the non-custodial parent.

What I am requesting is for someone to offer advise in this matter. Negative or Positive as the case may be, will all be greatly appreciated!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sasysara:
The situation is:
My fiance's exwife has refused to let him have any kind of contact with his children for about 4 or more months and before then, she would only let him see them when SHE wanted him to or when she needed a "babysitter". He has since moved out of the state (NV and now resides in TX) that they were married and divorced in which is also the state where his children are. The exwife has since remarried and has moved leaving NO forwarding address and no phone # to be reached at. In previous attempts, the exwife has blocked our phone # and the phone #'s of my parents and his parents.

The exwife's excuse for such behavior is that she wants the child support, and she states that if she doesn't get the CS, he doesn't get to talk to his children.

The exwife has even gone so far as to tell my fiance's children that he doesn't care about them, that the person she has since married is their father and that they, the children, are to call him father.

My fiance and I are at our wits end!!

We are in the process of looking into what we can do and what HE can do since he is the non-custodial parent.

What I am requesting is for someone to offer advise in this matter. Negative or Positive as the case may be, will all be greatly appreciated!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Finding them and the mother is, obviously, the first step. Get a Private Investigator for that. Second, assuming she and the children are still in Nevada, then you must hire a Nevada attorney to file the appropriate Order to Show Cause, and haul her into court. Child support and visitation are two, separate, and distict issues. The court will NOT look kindly on her for interfering with visitation; and, if it's the case, the court will not look kindly on your fiance' if he's behind in child support. As a matter of fact, if either or both of them are found in violation of the court order on visitation and support, perhaps they'll have adjoining jail cells, because that's where they're headed.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

S

sasysara

Thanks for responding!

My fiance wants to pay the support, and that isnt the problem! We have NO way of getting it to her and since we dont know where she is we can't have them dock his paycheck. Or at least I don't think that it would be possible.. I am still looking into that part of it.. We have set aside money for the support in hopes of her coming to her senses and becoming a willing party..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">