• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Posters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MySonsMom

To all of the new posters on this board...The people that post here and answer your questions do it on their own time...They go out of their way to respond to requests. It seems as though lately there has been an outbreak of rudeness and inappropriate behavior. Please don't confuse these comments with debate..Because debating an issue is alright..Sometimes it needs to be debated out to get the true idea of what is going on in a thread..But when people get so defensive over words and act childish and rude..that is when nothing gets accomplished. So for all of you new posters..If you want advice you have come to the right place. There are a lot of people here that are extremely knowledgable and helpful...And are willing to take time out of their day and life to assist..The attacks on usdeeper lately have been inappropriate..Not everyone is going to agree with him..nor like what they hear..instead of attacking him talk with him..Believe me, you will get somewhere with his words of wisdom..He knows what he is talking about. The reason I brought up usdeeper is because he has been beaten up pretty bad this week with new posters that don't "agree" or "like" what they hear from him..I know others here have been attacked for their knowledge as well..So by any means..I hope we can all try and act like adults and share our knowledge..We all want to help those who "want to be helped". Thanks all.

------------------
~MySonsMom~

M

Moon7shadoWomen

You should consider following your own advice. You both get attacked, because you are rude. You both should learn to offer advice without attaching ignorant comments to what you say. The fact that you are taking time out to offering people information doesn't give you the right to try to insult them. I am quite sure that you have both placed yourselves on an unreasonable pedestal. You both should learn to offer advice without trying to berate people. I took time out to offer you both some advice.

P

paula2

To the poster above:

I have been a reg here since may, and until the last couple of weeks.....never was there such rudeness. Yes, we have been able to disagree and still were able to get beyond that and respect each other. You, my friend, are out of line. You do not know the stories behind Usdeeper and Mysonsmom...they are wonderful people with unique and individualized ideas.....but in no way are they rude. If you took your time to read several earlier post......you would be able to reconize when one of us is haveing a bad day......we make comments like....."IAAL, Usdeeper (etc.) we can tell by your postings today you are haveing a bad day..Oh well, we love you anyway". There is a kinder way to address someone.....notice I said address someone, not ATTACK someone.

None of us regulars want the rudeness and insensitive attitudes thay are being displayed here.....IT IS NOT WANTED.....if your life is so miserable that you find pleasure in putting others down, then I suggest you get professional help.....we can't help you here.

This world is made up of unique people and we are to respect each difference and ideas....but rudeness and just plain old nastiness will not be tolerated. If this continues we will petition that you not be allowed to post. I come here for comfort and advice....and no one is above reproach.....we all make mistakes.....and until you have walked a mile in someones shoes, then maybe you should not comment on something you have no knowledge about.

To the regulars.....thank you so much for your words of wisdom and comfort you have given me in my time of trials. I hope I have not overstepped my grounds with this post. But I truely love this site and the people here. We have become a family and all are welcome as long as they can get along and obey the rules, otherwise this family we have developed will fail. I don't want to see that happen. There has been way to much energy focused on hostility. We need to unite together in prayer that others can see our home here as we do.....a place of sincere concern and love.

Paula

P

paulsgirl

As the result of this thread, I found myself looking back to see if Moonshadow had been wronged in any way as the result of her post. I found exactly what I thought I'd find...

...I could find no intentional slight towards her as the result of her question. She thought usdeeper was being rude; I, as an objective observer, could not see this rudeness. Usdeeper simply asked her a question that will come up if everyone goes to court. If they impute income to the father, they will also take into consideration her contribution (along with the division of time factor in regards to the child). I see a lot of frustration and indeed a little hostility on moonshaow's part. She seems awfully young, though, and may not yet know that total strangers are not nearly as critical of her as she seems to believe.

I have only been here for a few days, and I do like the valuable advice that usdeeper and IAAL gives to people. If only someone could look at my question... :)

P

paulsgirl

As the result of this thread, I found myself looking back to see if Moonshadow had been wronged in any way as the result of her post. I found exactly what I thought I'd find...

...I could find no intentional slight towards her as the result of her question. She thought usdeeper was being rude; I, as an objective observer, could not see this rudeness. Usdeeper simply asked her a question that will come up if everyone goes to court. If they impute income to the father, they will also take into consideration her contribution (along with the division of time factor in regards to the child). I see a lot of frustration and indeed a little hostility on moonshaow's part. She seems awfully young, though, and may not yet know that total strangers are not nearly as critical of her as she seems to believe.

I have only been here for a few days, and I do like the valuable advice that usdeeper and IAAL gives to people. If only someone could look at my question... :)

M

Ms Annoyed

I just wanted to comment a little about the rudeness. I just recently put something on the message board for the first time and almost immediately got attacked. Fortunately, there were other people who were much more merciful and came to my defense. Not what I was expecting. But as I read other messages on other areas I found alot of good people out here that I hope to hear from again if I need to vent and cry out for help. Thanks everyone.

P

paula2

To MySonsMom: Hello, I am doing much better, thank you. I posted an update on my TN situation, that will explain where we are at. Hope you are doing well. Have you talked to Karen......haven't heard from her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">