• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non custodial parents rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PH

As a non custodial parent with weekend visitation rights, (who pays full support)do I have any legal say with regard to the number of holes that my ex-wife punches into the ears of my thirteen year old daughter, or the ridiculous hair colors, styles, and initial carving she does on the side of my eleven year old son's scalp?

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PH:
As a non custodial parent with weekend visitation rights, (who pays full support)do I have any legal say with regard to the number of holes that my ex-wife punches into the ears of my thirteen year old daughter, or the ridiculous hair colors, styles, and initial carving she does on the side of my eleven year old son's scalp? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This type of thing is really hard...
What state are you in? And most importantly what type of custody do you have with her? Joint or just a conservatorship?

Out of respect for you as a the childrens parent she should consult with you prior to allowing the kids to do these things. But unfortunately in most cases the mothers/custodial parent wont. I would suggest you look through your custody/visitation order and see what it states your rights are concerning the children.
Legally, I dont think there is really too much you can do about it.

MySonsMom

I don't think it matters what state you are in, when it comes to these sort of things there isn't much you can do. I can only suggest that you speak with your X regarding her parenting decisions about some of the things she is allowing..Really thats all. You can state your concerns about the issues, but it comes down to her giving the child(s) permission to do such things. Just like if you have the children for the weekend, and take them and cut their hair off (when perhaps the Mother was growing the childs hair long), she can bi*ch and moan to you about what you did, but there is nothing she could do. Good luck!

------------------
*There is no love, like the unconditional love of a Mother*

-I am not an Attorney, any advice given is strictly advice-

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">