• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Odd question.

• Thread starter good mom, no vehicle
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

good mom, no vehicle

I'm not sure if this is the proper board for this question, but I need some answers as soon as I can get them. Here goes: my son goes to a charter school (AZ) and before we enrolled him, we asked if they would be providing transportation because he needs a school that does. (The school had a bus that came right into our subdivision last year.) They told us that yes, they will be. So, we enrolled our son to this school and when we went for the orientation, we were told that he would either have to be "dropped off at the bus stop or walk two miles to it". Well, I reminded them that I don't have a vehicle during the day and that I was told that them transporting him would be no problem. I spoke with the principal and got "Well, I didn't make up the bus routes, so I don't know what is there, sorry". I told her that this seemed a little silly, because if I could "drop" him off at a bus stop two miles away, then I could just "drop" him off at school. I reiterated the fact that I am a stay at home mom and I don't have a vehicle during the day....no help!!! My son is riding his bike to the school, which is two miles away, but he has to cross the freeway. My question is, if anything were to happen to him on the way to this school, could we hold the school responsible?? I am not looking for trouble, but I am tired of getting the runaround from these people. All of the other schools are full, so it's not like I can just have him transferred. I would appreciate any help.

MySonsMom

I don't beleive the school would be held responsible in your situation. Unless he gets hurt on their property, but not on the way to their property. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

------------------
**MySonsMom**
~There is no love like the unconditional love of a Mother~

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">