• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oklahoma Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shelljab

Today my husband told me he wants a divorce. We are presently living in a house his parent's own outside of Tulsa, OK. He said he is divorcing me for irreconcilable differences. Do I need a lawyer? What if I can't afford one? Will anything happen if I leave he state to visit my parents while I think things out? What are my property rights? Can he make me leave the house immediately?

N

navywife_tx

Okay, from what i've learned in life, since the house you live in is owned by his parents, THEY can throw you out. I'm assuming that the two of you didn't sign a lease or anything so they can technically walk in and tell you to get out. I wouldn't go on any trip without your things unless you don't care to lose them. I'm not saying that his parents will throw your stuff out but it is their son. If you can work everything out between the two of you regarding property, you can trust his lawyer to file the paperwork. Just be sure to READ it before you sign it. When i divorced my ex, i let him get the lawyer b/c we agreed on everything ourselves. He paid for the lawyer, i met with him and read over the papers and then signed them. It's called uncontested divorce. If you think your ex will screw you over, then try and get yourself a lawyer. This is just my input.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by navywife_tx:
Okay, from what i've learned in life, since the house you live in is owned by his parents, THEY can throw you out. I'm assuming that the two of you didn't sign a lease or anything so they can technically walk in and tell you to get out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">