• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of Marriage Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kristi_30

I have a very difficult situation. I live in Illinois. I am married but currently seperated. I have been seeing someone and ended up pregnant with his child. He is kind of a rough type. Has quite a record, drinker, pot smoker, and says that he "can make things happen" to people that make him mad. I no longer want to be in this relationship and would like to work things out with my husband. I have 3 children from this marriage and 13 years invested between us and we would like to be together again inspite of what is going on. The problem is that the boyfriend has made some threats to me if I try to keep this child from him. I do not want to do that, but he is not a very responsible person and I just want to make sure that my unborn child will be taken care of. I just want to know what his rights are to this child and what can I do? It is such a long story as to what I want to do and what he says. He is not even paying for this unborn child. I am using my husbands insurance and my husband is buying everything for me because boyfriend never has money. I am not sure what to do. Can you please advise me. I have had several people tell me to leave the state and let this child be born in another state so that he cannot claim it. Also everyone tells me to stay away from him because he is a trouble maker. I have even had my city law enforcement come to my house to tell me to be very careful because of his background.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">