• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overnight visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

single mom to be

my ex took off when he found out we were pg. I'm due in 8 wks. But have had a lot of stress and on bed rest. The father has recently called and expressed his desire to be in our daughters life. He expects to pick her up and take her on his own. I live in GA, is there an age limit to when over night visitation starts. I do want him to be in her life, and hope he truely means it but he has male roomates and I just dont feel comfortable with the idea her leaving my house with him right away. Please Help

I

inpain

I don't think that he will be able to get overnight visitation at the beginning. In fact I spoke to a lawyer recently on behalf of my brother who has a two week old son, and he told me that because the child is so young, if official visitation was set up through the court, he would probably only get a few hours a week in the mother's home. The child is too small to be away from the mother (who feeds him). Good luck and I hope things work out for the best for all of you.

L

lorib

If you breastfeed you can guarantee that your baby will not be going for overnight visits for a while. . .depending on how long you breastfeed for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">