• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overnight visitation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gabby

At what age does a child have to be to have overnight visitation with non-custodial parent? I have a 2 year old and will soon have a newborn ( due November 25 ) and I think over-nights, especially for the newborn, is too much at such a young age. My ex wants weekend overnights. He probably thinks he can get the month in the summer...is that possible?!!!

Please advise,
Cari/NYC

MySonsMom

Normally there is no overnight visitation until a child reaches 3. (maybe 2 1/2) A newborn, very slim for overnight visitation. There are always exceptions, but if a child is under 3 you have a good defense against overnight visitation. If you are breastfeeding, then I think it's nearly nilch with overnight visitation. Good luck.

------------------
**MySonsMom**
~There is no love like the unconditional love of a Mother~

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">