• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parents rights against Social Services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Worried Sister

My sister is going through a tough time now.
First the new husband of one year hurts the new baby of one month. Social services removes the child (without any paperwork) even though the husband is no loger in the home. She got the baby back and was waiting for her court date to make sure that she would have no other problems with DSS. Tonight they came back in the home and removed the baby again (still with no paperwork). Understandably, she is quite upset. Is it legal for them to come into her home without any type of paperwork. Does she have any kind of rights in this matter?

------------------

M

mega J

child protective services have to have a paer signed by a judge to remove a child from a home. Unless it was voluntary action by the parent to cooperate with them but still you must sign an agreement usually a safety plan. They can not remove without either one of these.She can not cooperate and demand the child back then they would have to go in front of judge to have child removed but they have to have evidence a lot of it to prove abuse by her. Good Luck

M

mega J

child protective services have to have a paper signed by a judge to remove a child from a home. Unless it was voluntary action by the parent to cooperate with them but still you must sign an agreement usually a safety plan. They can not remove without either one of these.She can not cooperate and demand the child back then they would have to go in front of judge to have child removed but they have to have evidence a lot of it to prove abuse by her. Good Luck

S

Sheryl

DON'T YOU BELIVE IT !!!! I know for fact they can & will take a child from you with out proof of any paper work. I have seen this done twice... with in 2 years. Lawyers say yes the law was broken, yes the judge is wrong but there is nothing we can do... except put more $$ into it and still get no where on changing the out come. I'm trying to get some one to hear me & check out some of these case workers & judges that do not go by the laws. [email protected]

M

mega J

sheryl,I wish some one would hear out anything that social services do as well. we have so many complaints with them it is unreal.We cant get anyone to hear us out.My husband is concerned for his children and they think he is the bad guy and the allegations have been agianst his ex wife not us. But the x has the children to lie and the x lie as well. They have proove that she lied and that the children did as well. But they still let her keep these children in her care because they say they can not do anything about it if she doesnt want to cooperate. Then the x will move leaving no address and we are constantly looking for them as we are now. We have not seen children since November 7,1999.We cant get no cooperation on that either.We just want to see the children and make sure all is well. My husband misses the something terribly. The children were living with us for 6 months because of abuse by the x but we had papers that they were to stay with us.She got mad one day and demanded them back.Cps didnt do anything to stop her, even knowing that she wasnt cooperating with their services and for 3 months didnt have anything to do with the children.She had found out that we were trying to stop support payments since they were living with us and she didnt want to lose the money thats why she did what she did.Needless to say my husband was never credit for payments he paid to her for those 6 months and she refuses to repay him.During those 6 months she was traveling the country side with her boyfriend.We love the children are willing to take them to live with us permanently but she refuses or moves as she has done and we dont know there whereabouts. So now she gives us no choice other than to go back to court for modification of custody. My husband feels he want get them because everyone tells him the judges are for the women.So how do you get someone to listen?????
Mega J

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">