• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PAS as a threat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justamom

I want to know how to deal with being falsely accused of parental alienation syndrome.

[This message has been edited by justamom (edited July 26, 2000).]

U

usdeeper

And PAS is ?

And the two states involved are ?

And the current court order in place is ?

[This message has been edited by usdeeper (edited July 25, 2000).]

J

justamom

And the current court order in place is ?
Colorado - joint custody

U

usdeeper

So what you are suggesting is taking a 12 year old child to see an attorney so as to go to court and ask to leave her mother ?

I think, the only thing you can do is for the bio dad to go to court and try to get physical custody.. but unless something major has changed, it is unlikely.

No sure what PAS has to do with this or what the mother is referencing it to..

J

justamom

This is not intended to be a debate. It is obviously impossible for you to know the facts, and it would be an inappropriate violation of confidentiality for me to post them all in this public forum.

Usdeeper, I appreciate your effort to answer my inquiry, but please, withhold the judgement. It would take a far more in depth conversation to explain the facts of the situation.

Since you are admittedly unfamiliar with PAS, it would seem to me you are not qualified to respond, let alone pass any kind of judgement.

U

usdeeper

Someone will correct me if I am wrong..

But your only course of action is for the bio dad to start proceding for a change of custody. A 12 year can not start legal action against her mother to change her place of residence against a current court order. During the custody proceding she may be allow to speak to the judge and state her opinion.. but, judges are aware that 12 year old children sometimes get upset and it can be hard for the custodial parent.

Bottom line... bio dad need to file for a custody change.

------------------
:) SMILE - Start Making It Livable for Everyone

Divorce is a process over which children have no control. Children should not be its victims.
When parents are under stress, it is harder to be in touch with their children's pain and anguish.
It takes time, effort, and planning on the part of the parents to be able to provide for the children's needs.
In the crisis of divorce, parents may put their children on hold while they attend to adult problems first.
Sometimes separating/divorced parents find that their roles and expectations are undefined and cloudy.
If handled properly, divorce need not be devastating for children.

[This message has been edited by usdeeper (edited July 26, 2000).]

J

justamom

Usdeeper, I would like to highly recommend an article to you. Gary Debele (shareholder with the firm of Walling & Berg, P.A., in Minneapolis) wrote a wonderful article entitled "A Children's Rights Approach to Relocation: A Meaningful Best Interests Standard." I think you might find the information on a minor child's rights to due process and representation enlightening.

------------------
In the words of Gandhi, "If we are to reach real peace in the world, we shall have to begin with children."

U

usdeeper

Neat.. you changed all your posts, even the ones I had responded to..

I was not getting into a debate and if you are unwilling to post any further details then it is pointless. If you know so much about childrens rights then why post ?. If you feel that it is either right, or legally correct, then take the child to an attorney.

However, I was suggesting that a much better approach would be for the bio dad to pursue a change of custody... You do not like that answer so you instead insult me ..

Happy to know this is my last post to this thread.

MySonsMom

Justamom: usdeeper is quite intellegent and for some reason you are not wanting to hear anything except what you think and feel. It's sometimes hard to hear things that you haven't thought of or that you don't agree with. usdeeper is considering a different approach to a not so easy situation for a CHILD. Lets not forget the this is a child that we are talking about. Not an adult. Why do you feel that the child would be better off with you rather then where the child is now?

------------------
~MySonsMom~

MySonsMom

And also, when you change all of your posts to read something else it's very hard for anyone to jump in and give advice..as they are lost from responses to posts that don't match up. If you want advice and help this is a great place for it..but you have to be patient and take what you like and leave the rest. We are all here to help everyone.

------------------
~MySonsMom~

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">