• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paying college expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bill Bossoloni

Illinois ex-wife ordered to help me pay for our daughter's college. Court order reads:" respondent (ex-wife)is to pay a lump sum of $4,000 directly to IU for the school year 2000/2001 to be applied to (daughter's name) college expenses." No mention in court order as to by when payment is to be made. Could my attorney have asked the judge to clarify the "by when is payment to be made" question when in open court the judge made his ruling?
I now have a new attorney and a hearing is scheduled for March 2001 "for clarification" by which time I will have paid most of the 2000/2001 college expenses.

W

WHITSIX1

yes for sure make sure there is no room for her to put this off. then the only way to enforce it is to go back again and again. get it done now and ask for proof of payment to by given to your attorney and the courts. then ask for her to pay you back for over payment within say, thirty to ninty days. and set a hearing for around that time to show proof that way she can't weasle out of it. you'll get it. good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">