• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE ANSWER?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bob.frakes

I pay child support for two children that I had with a previous relationship. I have since remarried and have a child with my present wife. My wife and I are planning to legally seperate and will set up support for our mutual child. My question is, if I am taken back to court for a raise in child support in regards to my first two children will the support I pay for my youngest be considered as well? I live in Michigan presently and the mother of my two previous children is in Kentucky. If I begin paying support for my youngest child, with my present wife, will the support I am paying for her be considered if my ex takes me back to court for an adjustment?
Thanks.

[This message has been edited by bob.frakes (edited July 27, 2000).]

K

KarenSmith

Mr Bob, please post your state, IAAL has a valid point in his statement about states, and it seems all are a little different. You can edit, or post a new ques. Thanks a bunch KPS

P

paula2

Bob, in most states first comes first, meaning a % will be taken out for the first 2 children based on your income. Then what is left from your check, another % will be taken out on the remainder for the 3rd child.
So if there is an increase in the support for the first 2 children, due to an increase in your income, it is more than likely that an increase will occur with the 3rd.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">