• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help Grandparents Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LorraineMc

August 28, 2000

Lorraine Mc Adams
3519 Del Lago Circle #287
Tampa, Fla 33614
(813) 930-9385
[email protected]

Please help me........Get this to the right person to help me.........
I need some one to help me.......I am searching the internet to find some one that CAN do something, rather then telling me I need an attorney, since my money is exhausted. I NEED some one who can do something. So if you got this as a repeat letter I am sorry. But my search continues. as this is such an injustice. “PLEASE HELP”

I am a Grandparent, Grandmother to be exact. My daughter, (Jacklyn) who I have not had a very close relationship growing up, but now that she is an adult, we have grown much closer. In the lost time, she had a baby girl, who now is 6 (six) years old. When the baby (Bryanna) was approximately 10 months old, my daughter and her husband decided to get divorced. Ever since that time, the husbands mother, who’s name is Sharon, has done everything in her power to get Bryanna , her grandchild, away from my daughter. My daughter was a single parent trying to support her daughter and did work as a stripper. Sharon did go to court and fight for Grandparents rights, even though my daughter allowed her visitation. On one occasion where my daughter allowed her, (Sharon) to visit with Bryanna, when she (Jacklyn ) went to pick Bryanna up, at Sharon’s house after the visitation was over, Sharon decided NOT to give Bryanna back. At that time a scuffle occur and my daughter as well as Sharon allowed there tempers to rise. Where as Sharon’s husband called the police. On arrival of the police, they arrested my daughter for assault, towards Sharon. (no one was even hurt that required any medical attention, yes some furnishings were broken) No, mention was made that Sharon was attempting to kidnap and keep Bryanna. Or that Sharon assaulted Jacklyn. My daughter Jacklyn at that time did have court ordered custody. Needless to say, the police took my daughter to jail, and charged her with assault. Social Service was called and some how made the decision that Sharon should have custody of Bryanna since Jacklyn was in jail. At that same time Sharon went to court and changed her papers from Grandparents visitation to FULL custody of Bryanna. Sharon and her Attorney went to Jacklyn’s attorney and proposed a deal to Jacklyn. That Jacklyn would have to sign an agreement that Sharon would have custody of Bryanna and that Jacklyn could have visitation, and that Jacklyn would pay Sharon $200.00 a month for “Parental Child Support” and half of any medical expenses. And as quoted in a letter from the one attorney to the other, that states “Sharon would not be so generous in the criminal charges” if Jacklyn did not sign the agreement. Meaning for the charges Sharon brought against Jacklyn for the assault,. My daughter felt she would be more of a help to “her” daughter out of jail, rather then being in jail, so she was forced to sign the agreement. The attorneys present this agreement to the court and the judge signed the order, not even questioning as to a date of when Bryanna would ever reunite with her mother. And no mention was made to the fact to Sharon staying in touch with Jacklyn or that Jacklyn was allowed any input into Bryanna’s life, medical care, schooling or even to the fact of Sharon taking the child out of state.
Through all of the court proceedings, Brian, Sharon’s son and Jacklyn’s ex-husband, was never mentioned, to custody, visitation, or support.
Two months after that agreement being signed, Sharon and her husband took Bryanna and moved to New York and now is living in Pennsylvania. Not telling my daughter. And has not called or has had any contact since. That was Sept. of 1997. Almost 3 years ago now, since my daughter Jacklyn has seen her daughter or spoke to her. My daughter now has an address and phone number for Sharon,(she used a people search to find her) but when she calls, Sharon just leaves an answering machine on. And of course my daughter will not take a trip to Sharon’s front door, after the last confrontation that landed her in jail and her daughter being taken away.
She has tried getting attorneys but she still lives in Kentucky where the original action took place, and all the attorneys do is take her money then down the road after doing nothing, tell her there is nothing they can do. Because they don’t want to confront one of their own colleges.
My daughter Jacklyn has been trying desperately to regain custody, to see Bryanna, to hold her, as only a mother can do.
I have read the court orders in the matter along with correspondence from Jacklyn’s attorney at the time, and I am so out raged that the court would allow such orders and a Judge would even sign them off. THIS IS LEGALIZED KIDNAPPING. No evidence was even found that Jacklyn was unfit or neglected or abused her child in any way. The only reason all of this occur this way was that it took place in a small town in Kentucky, and Sharon has lived there most of her life and knew the attorneys and judges, and Jacklyn being brought up on Long Island, New York, and carries a New York accent, which is not taken well in a small town. nor is being a stripper, even if you don’t have a trade and you are trying to feed and clothe your child.
This is when Grandparents rights go to far and Grandparents think they are better parents then the parents themselves. Knowing and willing deprive a mother from her daughter is unforgivable.
I need your help to get my Granddaughter back with her mother, Jacklyn. It seems since it is such a small town that they feel they can get away with this legalized kidnapping. Thinking nobody will even look.
With your help and the publicity of this case maybe we would have one less child being totally mixed up in her life. And she would know and love her own mother. And not have the feeling her mother didn’t want her and didn’t love her.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP...........

Sharon Posey.....Current address
907 West Waters St
Bellefonte, Penn 16823
(814) 357-8446

Thank you so much for your time.
Lorraine Mc Adams

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">