• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

POWER OF ATTERNEY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hunnybear

I really need some help!!!
My mother has power of atterney of my 3 children and I would like to get them back.
The atterney said that I could go and get them at anytime I wish but how do I do that and not risk getting into trouble. I want my children back and my mom says that if I take them back she will fight me all the way! HELP! What should I do? I live in Michigan.

K

KarenSmith

Was the Power of attorney limitless as far as time?
Your attorney is probably right, but if you're trying to keep peace with mom, to the best of your ability, that's not a bad way to think. Be clear with your attorney's advice, she/he is the best one to advise you, and aware of the situation, if your kids need to come home, get them back.
Would a court order help, if peace in the family isn't an issue, maybe a court order is the first step. You've got beeter ground to stand if you have an order, and Mom still keep the kids. Legal action is easier, if the court is clearly on your side.
Grandma's get possesive, Been there, but if they've been w/her a while, an adjustment to the change back, by Your suggestion may make it easier for her.
That's NOT love, it's a need to replace the time in the past, or a loss in some way.
Good Luck, Hunnybear, and Please let us know when your kids are home.

U

usdeeper

Write a letter to your mom and explain that you are in the process of revoking the POA and that you will be picking up the children on x date and please have them ready to leave. If when you go, she will not hand the children over, then your next step is the attorney to get a court order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">