• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant, married, want divorce, can I move out of state with unborne baby? Custody?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kylie Thomas

I am married, pregnant with husband's child. We are residents of NC. Do I have to remain in state for visitation purposes once baby is born or can I move out of state now birth baby in different state and not have to move back? He will want visitation rights, but I want to move away, far away. Am I stuck in NC??

R

Redneck

I am not sure about NC laws, but in Tx you can not get a divorce while pregnant. Now moving out of state and still be married maybe a option that you can do. Most judges will not allow a divorce while pregnant, but after divorce Ex could get visitation. One is certain that ex may not get over night visitation until the child is three. Well that is how it is in Tx. Check NC laws to be sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">