• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

problems with non-custodial father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mjones

I have several issues with the non-custodial father, i have sole custody of our 7yr old daughter. The biggest problem i have is that he recently got a older model pull behind type camper to live in. When she is with him she sleeps on a couch that folds out. I do not feel that this is suitable for her to stay in during her visits. I have tried to talk him into letting her stay with his parents only minutes away during her visits. He gets furious. The thing that has pushed me over the edge is during his week long visit he took her from KY to FL without telling me until they returned. I don't think he can do this, i simple ask him to tell me next time and he just walked off from me. He gets so furious anytime i bring anything up and i can't talk to him. What can i do? If we go back to court can i stop visits until we have been? She has also seen him "rolling things up", from our past i know he does drugs, what can be done about this issue? Having sole custody, don't i have say so over what he does with her such as the camper and FL incidents?

U

usdeeper

Your is a difficult situation.. You are unhappy with the way he is treating the situation and what is going on around your child... but, it is not really bad enough to warrent full legal action... You have no proof of drugs, the only thing wrong with the trip to FL was that he did not tell you about it and sleeping on a fold out bed is also not legally wrong.

My only suggestion is to try and get him into mediation to discuss it with a third party. Although with his attitude, I doubt he would agree to it...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">