• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Regret custody of grandchild

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Carole

I would like some information on an emancipated person order. I have a grandaughter (15) who is out of control and I heard we could get an emancipation order to free us of responsibility if she moves out like she wants. How do we go about this?

J

Just 2cents worth

Why dont you give her back to her parents????

Try calling a lawyer, but I dont believe you would be responsible for her actions if she runsaway!

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Just 2cents worth:
Why dont you give her back to her parents????

Try calling a lawyer, but I dont believe you would be responsible for her actions if she runsaway!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is not true.. a parent can be charged with all manner of things until the child is 18.

Z

Zoobie

In what state??? The parents or guardians are responsible for providing "care" until the child is 18, but I have never heard of the parent/G being responsible if the kid robs a bank or kills somebody!

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zoobie:
In what state??? The parents or guardians are responsible for providing "care" until the child is 18, but I have never heard of the parent/G being responsible if the kid robs a bank or kills somebody!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If a child picks up a gun from your house and then goes to kill someone, unless you can prove that the gun was securely locked up, you can be charged for neglect or some other offence. You will not be charged with the killing. But USDeeper was correct in stating that

'a parent can be charged with all manner of things until the child is 18'

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">