• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relinquishing Parental Rights ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jar17013

If I sign over my parental rights am I obligated to pay child support? My estranged boyfriend and I don't reside together and he's receiving temporary cash assistance extc. for him and my son which means they automatically file for child support on his behalf. I am unemployed and largely indebt(mostly because of boyfriend), and as far as I know, inelegible for food or medical assistance on my son's behalf where I reside.

LegalBeagle

You can not sign over parental rights unless there is someone else to adopt or the child is financially secure.

Why does he have physical custody ?

MySonsMom

LeagleBeagle writes: Why does he have physical custody? Isn't that obvious? She is willing to sign away her parental rights....He's right, you cannot sign away your rights..Unless there is a "Mother" willing to accept responsibility for a precious young child and give that child what he/she deserves. If that angel comes along, and she adopts this child, then no you wouldn't have to pay any support whatsoever. Until then, you are responsible for this child. I pray for an angel to come along and fulfill your "request" to eliminate this child from your life...A child deserves a Mother.

------------------
~MySonsMom~

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MySonsMom:
LeagleBeagle writes: Why does he have physical custody? Isn't that obvious? She is willing to sign away her parental rights....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Own personal interest.. always interested when someone wants to walk away from a child.. nothing in this world could make me walk away from mine and in the unlikely event that me and my wife seperated, I would hound her to the ends of the earth if I was denied access or visitation..

So, just curious :)

MySonsMom

I know LeagleBeagle...I'm in one of those moods today...Maybe I shouldn't be posting. But anyhow, I am curious to know "why" should would ever want to do such a thing. Because I am like you...I would NEVER give up my child for ANYTHING. If I didn't have any money, I would work 2 jobs so I did..If I didn't have a home, I would accept charity to give my child a roof over his head. (Live with someone) I just would do ANYTHING for my child, and if it meant me going without or struggling, then that's what I would be doing. I know in some cases, giving up a child is the best thing and there are exceptions....But this seems like it's all about money. I believe that a child needs both parents, but I FIRMLY believe that a child NEEDS a Mother most of all..and I know some may disagree but that is how I feel. I won't ramble, I guess this post just hit me the wrong way..As being a Mother myself...It's the most important thing I will EVER do in my life...and I would have to die before I gave that up.

------------------
~MySonsMom~

B

Brigit

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MySonsMom:
...I would NEVER give up my child for ANYTHING. I just would do ANYTHING for my child, , but I FIRMLY believe that a child NEEDS a Mother most of all....As being a Mother myself...It's the most important thing I will EVER do in my life...and I would have to die before I gave that up.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>YOU GO GIRL! I know how you feel....my kids and my family are my life; it is hard to explain to people that I don't work right now until my youngest is in school full-time because my top priority is being a mom....blessings with you :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">