• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

relocating need help for daughter

• Thread starter fighting for my daughter
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fighting for my daughter

relocating to another state, my ex and I have Joint Custody of our daughter who's 6. My husband and I are relocating in October and I don't know what the laws are concerning what will happen in terms of visitation with her being out of state. I mentioned the move to my ex and he stated that I'm going to have problems in regards to our daughter. He and I rarely speak at all unless somethings wrong with our daughter. I would like her during the summer,christmas break from school, easter break, ect... I now see her every other weekend plus holidays. This is not enough time to have a parental relationship and I've really considered this move and hoping that I would be able to possibly see her more with this move. At least see her for a longer period of time. My daughter is really stressed out over this and doesn't understand why her father is being the way he is. I really need advice. I know I could go to court and petition the court to modify the order but I don't know what the law is on reloction.

MySonsMom

I would suggest trying to work out an agreement with you ex regarding the visitation..if the two of you can come to a conclusion you can submit the agreed on visitation to the courts..If you cannot agree on something then it looks as though going to court and getting the visitation changed is your only option..I would try and work something out with your ex first..Good luck! (and since you are not the custodial parent, you can move without getting written permission)

------------------
~MySonsMom~

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fighting for my daughter:
I now see her every other weekend plus holidays. This is not enough time to have a parental relationship and I've really considered this move and hoping that I would be able to possibly see her more with this move. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, I know there are at least 2 posts in the last week that deal with this question.

Secondly, I am confused.. You think that moving out of state will give you more opportunity to have a relationship ?. How far are you going ?.. What states are involved ?. I presume the father has physical custody ?

I am to confused to answer anymore yet..

F

fighting for my daughter

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by usdeeper:
First of all, I know there are at least 2 posts in the last week that deal with this question.

Secondly, I am confused.. You think that moving out of state will give you more opportunity to have a relationship ?. How far are you going ?.. What states are involved ?. I presume the father has physical custody ?

I am to confused to answer anymore yet..

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, I'm asking for help not sarcasim!!!! If you read the whole thing you would be competent to know the answers to your questions.

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fighting for my daughter:
First of all, I'm asking for help not sarcasim!!!! If you read the whole thing you would be competent to know the answers to your questions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was absolutely NO sarcasm in my reply WHATSOEVER. Lets consider the point I am confused over..

I now see her every other weekend plus holidays. This is not enough time to have a parental relationship and I've really considered this move and hoping that I would be able to possibly see her more with this move.

I now see her EVERY OTHER WEEKEND PLUS HOLIDAYS. This is not enough time to have a relationship ???... and you hope that a MOVE OUT OF STATE will help you ?

I was generally confused by this...

I could have helped you a great deal.. now you can whistle for it you ungrateful *****!

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MySonsMom:
It must be "abuse usdeeper week"... :)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sometimes I wonder why I bother..

F

fighting for my daughter

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MySonsMom:
It must be "abuse usdeeper week"... :)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't pay attention to people like that, I'm already upset as to my position and didn't need to see sarcasim. Thanks for the concern.

U

usdeeper

I don't pay attention to people like that, I'm already upset as to my position and didn't need to see sarcasim. Thanks for the concern.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, there was NO sarcasm. If you read some into it, then that is your problem not mine. Furthermore, you are the one that needs help so to shoot the helper was stupid. Since you do not pay attention to 'people like me' then any help I could have given is pointless. I have absolutely no intention of wasting any more time with you or your need for help.

Last post to this thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">