• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

repayment of benefits to government

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

reconciled family

My husband and I were seperated for four months and two days. I was forced to, for the first time, receive government assistance. I became employed part-time about 1 1/2 months and then full-time just 2 months after requesting assistance.

My husband has just been served for repayment of benefits received by our children while we were seperated and for current support for me as the custodial parent.

The dollar amount they DA family support is requesting ($520.00 mo.) for five full months is based on 0% visitation for dad and no income for me. The basis for thier information is beyond me. They are attempting to order $520. for the first month I recieved $, June 29 and 30, a total of $46. (which wasn't issued until mid July).

They court documents have labeled my husband and the non-cusodial parent, absent parent. I never was asked the visitation or custodial situation.

My husband (and I) are first upset that they have fabricated information just to extract the most $ possible. The county has no factulal basis for statements that my husband was the non-custodial parent and had zero visitation with his children. The county is well aware that they only paid benefits in the amount of $46 for June but are misleading the court that benefits were paid the entire month. The county also purposely errs in declaring that I (CP) had no know income, they are well aware that I became employed while in thier JOBclub and gave my supportive services such as mileage and child care, and I was required to provide my paycheck stubs.

How can the government provide the court with know incorrect information or assumed information with no factual basis?

Answers PLEASE!!!

U

usdeeper

Anyone can present the court with anything they want. It is up to the court to decide during a hearing or trial who is telling the truth and what evidence there is to support such charges. I suggest you contest the amount and let a judge decide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">