+ Reply to Thread
    stevedecker Guest

Question

While I was incarcerated, my wife filed for cash assistance from the state of Pennsylvania. I received a notice that I was to repay that amount. Is this true? If not, what can I do to rectify this matter?
    My e-mail address is ericnelson_us@yahoo.com
    newmom Guest

From my experience - yes, it is true that you should repay the assistance. I am assuming though, that the two of you have children?? Meaning you probably have been ordered to pay child support?? That would be the reason for the cash assistance (the children). My ex will be ordered (once the support order is in place) to repay my daughter's birth (medicaid) and the assistance I received while off of work on maternity leave. Hope this hels but keep in mind I am not an attorney!!!

Similar Threads

1. publc assistance repayment
    By karl skwiot in forum Marriage, Domestic Partnerships and Other Family Law Matters
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 06:09 PM
  2. Cash assistance from 14 years ago
    By Ironwil in forum Child Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 11:12 PM
  3. Tuition Assistance Repayment
    By micboa in forum Fringe Benefits
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-31-2006, 11:53 AM
  4. Childsupport/Cash Assistance
    By mommyto4 in forum Child Support