• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Results---Court hearing today

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Toni777

Had the hearing for show cause for contempt and motion to modify parenting time.

My ex's attorney tried to contact my attorney twice today expressing his wishes to settle without having to go to court.

We arrive to courthouse and our attorneys talk. My attorney come back with this agreement.

We will dismiss the show cause for contempt and make these modifications.

1. Waive all summer midweek visits for both parties.
2. Order telephone call Wednesdays at 7:30 during the summer visit.
3. Swith regular weekends to allow my children and my step children to be together on the same weekend.
4. The ex's wife and her family informed that they need to stay out of the communications between myself and ex regarding the children.
5. When extracurricular activities interfere with my ex's parenting time he is allowed extended parenting time on Sunday to 8:00p.m.
6. Regularly scheduled midweek visits on Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8:30p.m.

After attorneys come up with agreement the judge still wanted to speak with us.

He was quite angry with my ex regarding the baseball issue and just angry that we couldn't work these issues out before having to get court involvement.

Before we left he said that if he sees us again for a frivolous motion he will definitely issue jail time, court costs and or attorney fees.

To top everything off, I was allowed to pick the children up today instead of tomorrow for a visit before they finish their summer visit with dad.

Wasn't as bad as I was expecting and hopefully this stops all the crap. I find it quite strange that my ex wouldn't mediate but when it came down to facing the judge he and his attorney were trying awful hard to come to an agreement before we had to see the judge. Odd scenario. Who knows why?

Thank goodness it's over and with any luck this is it for the court visits.

P

PostVulture

Thanks for the update. You got quite a lot of responses here, and I'm glad it went that way, "purple unicorn" ;)
I wish the contributors here here could learn more about how these things come out.

A

Always searching

x

[This message has been edited by Always searching (edited October 14, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">