• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RESULTS OF EX PARTE HEARING!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FatherStepmom

Well we had court today, remember the ex who threated that my husband wouldn't see his son again and then didn't show....posted on Sunday night.
Anyways, the judge today ordered that she attend 26 weeks of counseling, plus co-parenting counseling with my husband, but my husband also opted to have some individual counseling also...thinks it would be helpful. The visitation schedule remains the same, my husband has contact with his child weekly...4 days one week, 3 days the next week and so on. She was put on warning that the next violation is automatic jail time and switch of custody, no questions asked. Also she has to pay the money she owes and if she doesn't its a violation. She also tried to forbid me to be present during custody exchanges and from taking the child to school...(we live 45 minutes away from her and I go with my husband strictly as a carpool buddy...you know that LA Traffic is horrible) but instead of granting the restraining order, the judge granted that I MAY BE PRESENT AND TAKE THE CHILD TO SCHOOL....he also ordered that her boyfriend, her parents, and my parents CANNOT be present during exchanges...so it back fired on her! Just thought I would share....it didn't go exactly how we wanted, but it was good overall and we are happy with it, maybe a head doctor is what she need!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FatherStepmom:
Well we had court today, remember the ex who threated that my husband wouldn't see his son again and then didn't show....posted on Sunday night.
Anyways, the judge today ordered that she attend 26 weeks of counseling, plus co-parenting counseling with my husband, but my husband also opted to have some individual counseling also...thinks it would be helpful. The visitation schedule remains the same, my husband has contact with his child weekly...4 days one week, 3 days the next week and so on. She was put on warning that the next violation is automatic jail time and switch of custody, no questions asked. Also she has to pay the money she owes and if she doesn't its a violation. She also tried to forbid me to be present during custody exchanges and from taking the child to school...(we live 45 minutes away from her and I go with my husband strictly as a carpool buddy...you know that LA Traffic is horrible) but instead of granting the restraining order, the judge granted that I MAY BE PRESENT AND TAKE THE CHILD TO SCHOOL....he also ordered that her boyfriend, her parents, and my parents CANNOT be present during exchanges...so it back fired on her! Just thought I would share....it didn't go exactly how we wanted, but it was good overall and we are happy with it, maybe a head doctor is what she need!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

My sincere congratulations to you. Finally, one for the "good guys". By the way, who was the judge?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited August 09, 2000).]

P

paula2

Great News!!! I'm sooo exicted for you. It is always good to hear that court issues like this went well. Hopefully the counseling session will help her.

God Bless.

U

usdeeper

I love it when a plan comes together..

Yes, I did like the A-Team when I was growing up :D Overall, a great result. I like it when people come back to this board and tell us what actually happened...

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MySonsMom:
US Deeper, are you going to update us on your situation?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I was just getting up to date on the posts.. so I will post details soon.

M

megaheartache

yes i want to know the judge as well.sounds like the same problems we are having

------------------
megaheartache

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">