• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revoking guardianship & returning it natural parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mealer

I live in Cook County IL, my cousin lives in Chester County PA. In 1998 I gave guardianship to her for my 12 yr old son. The end of Sept/beginning of Oct. 1999 she called me and told me to take him back & that she was unable to handle him any more. I sent a her a plane ticket for him & now he has been here since Oct.9,1999. Now she wants him back. Is there anything I can do to stop her from taking him from IL back to PA until I can get the guardianship revoked? Did she give up her rights as a guardian when she sent him back to me or is there any type of time limits for him being here & away from her? You can email me at [email protected] or [email protected] Thank you. Oh this recently started last Thursday and she claims to be coming here to get him around 07/05/00 or so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">