• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

secretly taped conversations

• Thread starter hoping for info
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hoping for info

About seven years ago, my now ex-husband taped telephone conversations of mine while
I was still living in our house, but in the midst of our divorce, without me knowing it.
It is possible he did it again after I moved out, and our divorce was final, in a phone call to me that he initiated. We are now going to court again over his non-payment of child support, and his desire to see our 16 year old son, after he has ignored him for 5 years. My question is, can my ex-husband legally use these tapes ( I just recently learned of their existence) in a court hearing? They were private conversations which I would not want heard publicly.
One other quick question...because of his total lack of interest, our 16 old son does not want to see him anymore. There are also safety issues (drinking and driving, for one.) Can our son be forced to see him if it is HIS choice not to? ( No, I have not tried to turn our son against him...he did that quite easily on his own.)

I

indysucks

Check out the Criminal Law Bulletin Board for postings on these issues.

No, the tapes aren't legal, and it's a criminal offense.

I

indysucks

P.S. See "phonecon" under Criminal Law, dated April 15, 2000. The first 4 (of 9) messages are the ones you want to pay attention to. The rest are garbage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">