• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She gave me the kids...........

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

good father

I want to know what I should do in my case. My ex wife has join phyical custody but the first of August she wanted to kids to stay with me. I have had them since July first which the month of July was my summer visit with them. The kids wanted to stay with me and did not want to go home to her. Later I found out she was evicted from her home I asked her if that is why she let me have out kids she said no. She is still getting child support checks every week from me and is using them for herself and she is unwilling to sign anything that will change that. I have put the kid in school ect..
She has not seen the children but once since July 26th and has only called twice to talk to them. I do have a paper stating she has let me have the kids for the school year which is norterized, needed to get the children in school. She threaten to take the kids back everytime I ask her about the child support checks. Can she take the kids if she has already signed a noterized paper stating the kids are with me for the nexted 9 months. I really don't know where to start......some advice would help..thank you

MySonsMom

I suggest retaining an attorney and getting custody changed to you...Then you can start getting the child support checks. Good luck!

------------------
~MySonsMom~

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">