• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Christina27

NY - Does child get full social security benefits once dad is deceased or does it also go to his wife? At this time, father is not listed on birth certificate, but paternity is documented by courts. Please let me know what needs to be done to ensure that my child will get some benefits. Thanks.

usmcfamily

Since he is recognized by the courts as the biological parent, yes your child is entitled to survivor benefits - you need to contact social security's local office and set about filing for them. Have all your documentation regarding the relationship available to you so that you can provide it to them as needed.
Why the ? about the wife - I get the feeling that from the post the wife is not you...so why worry about it? If I am wrong and it is you - the SS office will be able to assist you with that ....if I am right and it isn't you leave it alone as she is no concern of yours and deserves a little privacy/respect as she has apparently just lost her husband. Take care of your child....they have lost their father -- can't see you will have much time to do anything else for a while anyway....
Good luck and God Bless

C

Christina27

Thanks for your response. I'm sorry I wasn't clear. Her father hasn't died yet and he's getting married to someone else. His mother and I have spoken about getting things in order just in case, since he was diagnosed with cancer and we're not sure if he's still in remission (he refuses to get himself checked out again). Thanks again.

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Christina27:
Thanks for your response. I'm sorry I wasn't clear. Her father hasn't died yet and he's getting married to someone else. His mother and I have spoken about getting things in order just in case, since he was diagnosed with cancer and we're not sure if he's still in remission (he refuses to get himself checked out again). Thanks again.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By the way all, this is HER also...
the annoying one..
go back to tuesday and read her posts as christina27... she forgot and used Capital C when she logged in under this name yesterday...

L

LadyBlu

By the way ALL, this is HER too. She registered the other day as christina27, and when she went to log on as that yesterday she had to reregister because she used the Capital C instead.

C

Christina27

If you're trying to say that I'm someone else that uses different names, you're wrong. I'm one person. I believe that you used the term "Alias alert" in response to my email dated October 25th, but I ignored it because I wasn't sure what you were talking about. But in viewing other topics, I see that you've been trashing this person and warning others. Please don't waste my time or others. Someone can easily get offended and leave this forum because of your immaturity, but not I! I know that there are people out there that will honestly respond to me in a respectful manner. Do you work? Just wondering.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LadyBlu:
By the way ALL, this is HER too. She registered the other day as christina27, and when she went to log on as that yesterday she had to reregister because she used the Capital C instead.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree.. either way, it does not matter. It is a good and valid question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">