• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State to State divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rhansen72

To make a long story short, my husband has asked me for a divorce. We live in Florida and I want to move to NY with the children. Should I do this before he files as once the papers are filed I am legally not able to move the children until after the final hearing. Or should I go before he files and have him serve me in NY? HELP

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rhansen72:
To make a long story short, my husband has asked me for a divorce. We live in Florida and I want to move to NY with the children. Should I do this before he files as once the papers are filed I am legally not able to move the children until after the final hearing. Or should I go before he files and have him serve me in NY? HELP<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does he have a good relationship with the children ?

R

rhansen72

I have a 6 month old, a 2 year old and an 8 year old. The 8 year old has some resentment towards him for the way he neglects his family, he spends about 2 hours a week with the children and to be honest, I don't think she would mind moving because he doesn't spend time with them. When he does, yes it is a good relationship between them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">