• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopping alimony update

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sharon2

I posted a question on this board a few months ago about stopping alimony,the advise i got was great.We now go to court in Oct finally after months of getting my husbands ex to provide the info we requested.We know that his ex is making 50% more than she was when they divorced and in the divorce decree it states that in can be stopped if she makes 50%more. She finally answered the court with a reply she said "As a result of me making 50%more in income my circumstances have not changed nor has my childrens"The children are 20 and 23.The judge wants a hearing on this i dont know why when she admits to making more .Any idea's why? Seems pretty cut and dry to me. What can we expect at the hearing? Thanks again for any advice anyone can give us

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">