• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Teenage Daughter trying to get custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sandi

I have a 16 year old daughter, who has a daughter. The child is visiting her father. He will not let us have her back now. Please help. What can I do. They were never married, but lived together for 1 year

P

paula2

If there is no custody order in place, have him arrested for kidnapping.

If there is a order and he is violating it, have him arrested.

If he wants to file for custody, he can do that, but until that happens and the court awards him custody, which is doubtful, he has kidnapped this child. Doesn't look good for him.

Good Luck and God Bless.

W

Waldo

How old was your daughter when he got her pregnant? How old is the father?
Have him arrested for that,too= it is illegal to have even consentual sex with a minor. He'll be listed as a sexual offender. Let him try and get custody then.

S

Sandi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Waldo:
How old was your daughter when he got her pregnant? How old is the father?
Have him arrested for that,too= it is illegal to have even consentual sex with a minor. He'll be listed as a sexual offender. Let him try and get custody then.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Kara was 14, and he was 15 when she got pregnant. He is 17 now. They of course where never married. Don't know what to do.

H

HELP ME PLEASE

iaal-
you say since there was no custody order in
does that mean that (in my situation) a single mom separated from father of child and no court orders, that if he were to take her he could be arrested for kiddnapping?
Does he have rights to her? How do you dtermine how much time he gets with her? Does everything have to be court ordereed, or can it be a verbal or written aggreement between us?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HELP ME PLEASE:
iaal-
you say since there was no custody order in
does that mean that (in my situation) a single mom separated from father of child and no court orders, that if he were to take her he could be arrested for kiddnapping?
Does he have rights to her? How do you dtermine how much time he gets with her? Does everything have to be court ordereed, or can it be a verbal or written aggreement between us?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

I didn't write the post to which you refer. If you look again, it was "Paula2" that wrote it.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

P

paula2

Well, actually the way the situation works, is more like this.

If you have custody and he does not and takes the kids, then yes you can have him arrested.

If there is no custody order from the courts....then you better file for one. You need court ordered custody and visitation orders to show that the other parent is violating those orders inorder to have that person arrested.

If you do not have custody, you can file for Temp. custody until a custody hearing date.

Sandi, is dealing with 2 minors with a child who have not been married. There is no current order for custody or visitation. So either parent can take the child and not give the child back. Sandi out smarted the father and now has possession of the child, and is awaiting a court hearing on custody and visitation issues.

If you post her she may be able to give you some answers to help your situation.

Sorry for the confussion.

Paula

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">