• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

till what age am i legally bound to support my "out of control son" who has just fini

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

I don't know what the rest of your sentence is because it was cut off, but you are only legally bound to support your child until the age of 18. If your child is THAT out of control, may I suggest while they are still a minor, put them somewhere to get help!

Hope this helps.

W

Wozniak

Does the state matter? Because I know of a man that must continue support until at least 19, since the young lady "took a year off from high school because of 'illness.'"
(PA)

C

cybel

States differ-you should look for the quidelines for where you are. The state of Alabama has the age at 19 and the court can also rule for the ncp to pay for continued education at their descretion past the age of majority.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">