• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uncontested divorce pending and remarriage possible????? Help !!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hannahlee

Hi :) I have been seperated from my husband for over a year we live in North Carolina. It is a uncontested divorce, agreed and amicable, and will be final next month with our court date. I would like to remarry this September in Las Vegas. Is there a waiting period between divorce and remarriage? What do I need to bring to Vegas for divorce proof? This is all very confusing to me and I can find nothing on the internet for help. My lawyer is out of town for the next two weeks also. Thank you , please help me !!!! :)

U

usdeeper

As I understand it.. once you are divorced and it is final, there is nothing to stop you making the same mistake again :)

So no.. there is no waiting period once the Divorce is FINAL.

[This message has been edited by usdeeper (edited July 26, 2000).]

F

Fallen Angel

Hi...I was in your shoes not so long ago...I live in OK and you can't get remarried here for 6 months after divorce is granted...however We went to Las Vegas last week and were legally married...he is a German citizen and had all papers ready, they asked for nothing but our names, parents names and ages and $35...then we drove a mile down the street to wedding chapel and were married...legally-- it cost us about $200 at the chapel for services but it was very nice. *S* Let Me know what happens!

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fallen Angel:
he is a German citizen and had all papers ready<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did he arrive in the US on a tourist visa, K1 or was he already in the US on another visa ? .. just curious..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">