• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unmarried/child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tlittle

South Carolina. I lived with a man for 7years. Never stated I was his wife by common law or anything. Nothing was joint. I ended up having a child by this man. He does not bother to pay child support because he is being paid under the table, and his girlfriend doesn't let him spend his money. I want to know - Do I need something in writing for daycares/schools so that he can not just go and pick his son up? Do I have full custody since my child has my last name and he never did marry me?

MySonsMom

No, you need to get legal custody of the child. If you wish for him not to be able to pick your son up from daycare, then you tell the providers not to release the child to anyone but yourself. They will follow your requests. Good luck!

------------------
~MySonsMom~

U

usdeeper

You need to get an attorney, go to court and get legal paperwork to say that you have custody of the child.. at least phyiscal custody.

When you sign up to daycare, you specify who can pick the child up. If he is not on the list then he can not do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">