• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unwilling Parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aplgte77

I am a 23 year old college student who recently found out that my exgirlfriend is pregnant with my child. I begged and pleaded with her to give the child up for adoption, as it would be in the best interest of the child. (This girl already has two children by two different men.) She adamantly refuses. I am poor and struggling, attending school full-time and working aprox. 30 hours a week. I am neither prepared financially nor willing to be a father right now. The baby deserves a better life. I opt for adoption; she opts to keep it. What can I do?

guilt-ridden low-life from IN,

Tonee

[This message has been edited by aplgte77 (edited September 01, 2000).]

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aplgte77:
I opt for adoption; she opts to keep it. What can I do?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely Nothing...

A

aplgte77

Thank you, LeagleBeagle, for the swift reply. Am I, then, compelled to pay child support with no hope for recourse?

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aplgte77:
Thank you, LeagleBeagle, for the swift reply. Am I, then, compelled to pay child support with no hope for recourse? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your only hope is that some man comes along who does not mind marrying a women with 3 children from 3 different men and who wants to adopt your child.

A word of man to man advice for you.. wear the condon over your head (on your shoulders) in the future, I guarentee that you will not get another women pregnant. :D

LegalBeagle

Your Welcome... and remember, it is not the childs fault.. money or no money, try to be a good father and role model..

Good luck..

C

condombroke

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LegalBeagle:
Your only hope is that some man comes along who does not mind marrying a women with 3 children from 3 different men and who wants to adopt your child.

A word of man to man advice for you.. wear the condon over your head (on your shoulders) in the future, I guarentee that you will not get another women pregnant. :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless the condom breaks of course...

A

angelsange

I, unfortunately, cannot give you legal advice. However, as "the woman who got pregnant", let me applaud you on not offering to pay for the abortion. I like that LegalBeagle reminded you that it is not the child's fault. You are young and the timing of this child seems far from impecable in your eyes. But, sometimes what you feel is a curse may be a blessing in disguise. Let your child be your inspiration to do even greater things than you had hoped and to be the best man that you can be. If you have a daughter she will want to marry someone like you, and if you have a son he will want to emulate all your qualities, good or bad.

It is not the money and if you only have a little you can only give a little. Do not forget time is WAY more important, and it doesn't cost as much.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">