• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Use of e-mails to prove adultry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cnoah

In New York there is no legal separation. When my wife and I separated early in the year I found e-mails that she was sending to someone she was seeing. I discovered these e-mails from my computer. Our account was under my name(password etc). It appears that she has had or was having an affair with this co-worker for sometime but this is not indicated in the e-mail "love letters". Can I legally use these e-mails to prove grounds for adultry?

------------------

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cnoah:
In New York there is no legal separation. When my wife and I separated early in the year I found e-mails that she was sending to someone she was seeing. I discovered these e-mails from my computer. Our account was under my name(password etc). It appears that she has had or was having an affair with this co-worker for sometime but this is not indicated in the e-mail "love letters". Can I legally use these e-mails to prove grounds for adultry?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are there kids, assets or property involved ?

C

cnoah

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LegalBeagle:
Are there kids, assets or property involved ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, on top of it she has falsely accused me of sexually abusing the children.

C

cnoah

yes, she has also falsely accused me of sexually abusing my children

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">