• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tracy

My ex has denied me over and over again my visitation rights according to the agreement the court appointed.He will not allow me to see them when my time is due and always goes against nearly everything in the agreement. We live in differant states so it is hard for me to enforce my rights. I have filed contempt charges and he has denied and ask for motion to dismiss. Will the Law Master hear my side of this before she makes a decesion and what happens if she finds him within contempt?? Will it matter at all or is it just another piece of paper??

U

usdeeper

You can not just dismiss a motion without hearing the arguements. You will get a chance to give your story. You can enforce your rights as all you have to do if file the action in the state the child is in.. so your state does not really come into it.

If you have court ordered visitation and he is refusing you the ability to have a relationship with your child then it is unlikely he can just get it dismissed. Also, this sort of thing are grounds for a custody change so think about that and get legal advice... if he continues to deny the court orders, think about going for custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">