• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cjh

The issue of visitation needs to considered by judges in a different way for children that have lived with a parent and children that have never lived with a parent.My last court order was issued that my 3 year old go 8 hours away--1 week per month to a house where he had never been-- to be kept by 2 people that he had not even seen in over 7 months. I was to make to trip to take him on these visits. My child had never spent the night away from me. The only night that he was forced to stay, he did not go to sleep until after 2:00 pm and cried for me to be called. He was told by his father, the guardian ad litem and myself that if he were upset that they would call Momma. This did not happen! As a result of these summer visits he will not stay over night, even with grandparents now. The start of pre-school was really bad .....
How do I protect my child from this type of upset?

C

cjh

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjh:
The issue of visitation needs to considered by judges in a different way for children that have lived with a parent and children that have never lived with a parent.My last court order was issued that my 3 year old go 8 hours away--1 week per month to a house where he had never been-- to be kept by 2 people that he had not even seen in over 7 months. I was to make to trip to take him on these visits. My child had never spent the night away from me. The only night that he was forced to stay, he did not go to sleep until after 2:00 am and cried for me to be called. He was told by his father, the guardian ad litem and myself that if he were upset that they would call Momma. This did not happen! As a result of these summer visits he will not stay over night, even with grandparents now. The start of pre-school was really bad .....
How do I protect my child from this type of upset?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

T

Tigres

Me thinks you are correct. No child should be taken from a loving home and handed to a stranger... Perhaps one day, there will be a standard clause on visitation in divorce papers to prevent this!

One can hope.

Tig

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">