• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sas9643

After 2 years and $12.000, divorce was final in July. I am supposed to have standard visitation. The last time I saw my 8 year old daughter was 6 months ago, my 11 year old son 2 months ago and my 15 year old son 4 months ago. They live 1 hour away. My ex-wife forbids them to use the phone and every other Fri when I arrive to pick them up they are gone. I put call forwarding on to work in hopes of not missing a call from them. They finally called the other day and said they did not want to visit me and why was I causing mommy so many problems and why would I not let them go to Dominica so mommy can go to medical school? I could hear the ex whispering to them what to say. My ex is a coniving, selfish woman and is using the kids to try to make me give up and let her take them out of the country. Judge agreed it would definately not be in anyone's best interest. My attorney dropped me because I still owe hime $6000. I have documented everything and filed a contempt motion , but the earliest court date is Jan 29, 2001! She will have them totally brainwashed by then! Can I get some kind of emergency hearing NOW?? I live in Orange County, Florida, she in Polk County, Florida. God, I miss them. Thanks for any help......a Sad Dad

C

cat2young

Sorry to hear what's going on, I have been in the same (almost) situation for 5 yrs. What your ex is doing is called parental alienation syndrome or PAS there are many good books and web sites to help you learn how to deal with this:www.rgardner.com and www.familycourts.com will get you started. I have not had much luck in court so far. My ex ask for a social investigation which said the his efforts to alienate the children "borders on emotional abuse of the children" and recommends his contact with them be severely limited, but as of yet he has managed to keep postponing the final hearing. you can however file for contempt on your ex for failing to let you visit the children and ask for make-up time to spend with the children. Keep track of every time she refuses to let you see the children file for contempt and find a good counseler for yourself and the kids.

------------------

S

sas9643

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cat2young:
Sorry to hear what's going on, I have been in the same (almost) situation for 5 yrs. What your ex is doing is called parental alienation syndrome or PAS there are many good books and web sites to help you learn how to deal with this:www.rgardner.com and www.familycourts.com will get you started. I have not had much luck in court so far. My ex ask for a social investigation which said the his efforts to alienate the children "borders on emotional abuse of the children" and recommends his contact with them be severely limited, but as of yet he has managed to keep postponing the final hearing. you can however file for contempt on your ex for failing to let you visit the children and ask for make-up time to spend with the children. Keep track of every time she refuses to let you see the children file for contempt and find a good counseler for yourself and the kids.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have researched parental alienation and have filed contempt of court ordered visitation. But the earliest court date is 3 months from now! I need to know if I can file some sort of an emergency petition, you know, like the kinds that are filed on delinquent support issues!? (I am current on support). I suppose I should see a counselor of some sort because this frustration with the lawyers and court system and the ex is taking its toll for sure. I can't get counseling for the children at this time, I can't even speak with them on the phone. Thanks for you response Cat. I pray your final court date goes well. Let us know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">