• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Demi

I have two children 11 and 12 with a man I was never married to. He was extremely abusive to me physically. I finally left him 2 weeks after our daughter was born. Despite the nature of our relationship, I allowed him to see his children and keep in contact with them. This was arranged at his mother's home so I wouldn't have to deal with him. Well, in May of this year the kids' paternal grandparents physically abused them to the point of causing noticeable injuries. This was all proven and documented by the police and D.S.S. Needless to say, the kids no longer go over there. Now their father is taking me to court for visitation. The problem? He refuses to pay child support and hasn't in months despite a court order. And, he has been diagnosed as Manic Depressive, but will not take his medication. On top of all this he makes, and never has made any attempt to see or speak to his kids. I cannot afford an attorney and I'm afraid when we go before a judge in January that because I have no legal representation that my concerns will not be heard. I am still terrified of this man, also. I live in Western Massachusetts. Please help me. Thank you so much.

L

LadyBlu

What legal action have you taken to enforce the Child Support Order? I realize Atty's are expensive but if you can contact the legal aid society in your state or contact your state bar Assn. they can give youthe names of Family Law Atty's that do pro bono work. Good Luck...

U

Ukiah

Sounds like child endangerment, get a very good attorney. Your children are more important that money at this point. You should be willing to go into debt to protect them from these people. Some attorneys will put you on a payment plan. good luck,

Ukiah

D

Demi

Thank you for your reply. I have filed for an order of contempt concerning the child support issue. When we went to mediation Oct. 31 of this year, my kids father told the attorney acting as mediator that he was not going to pay child support because as he states it "I'm on disability and since the government is spying on me and wiretapping my phones then I don't have to pay." Are you getting part of the picture? :)

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Demi:
Thank you for your reply. I have filed for an order of contempt concerning the child support issue. When we went to mediation Oct. 31 of this year, my kids father told the attorney acting as mediator that he was not going to pay child support because as he states it "I'm on disability and since the government is spying on me and wiretapping my phones then I don't have to pay." Are you getting part of the picture? :)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm yeah... lol, sorry I realize this isnt funny to you, but there are times I have to admit I have wondered about the wiretapping/big brother is watching over me issues etc.. especially when I go to a Gov't website and it sits there saying it cannot connect to the website but my modem connection is steady green with bytes going out as well as into my computer.. *S* and I am sane I promise..

I would see about getting limited supervised visitation if I were you... get a psychological study on the ex..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">