• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MalibuDreamz

My husband has been divorced since 1992. The visitation has never been what the divorce decree states it should be. He was supposed to see her every other sunday from 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm then all thanksgiving years and christmas. Since the divorce, it has never been this way. Now the daughter and mother and her new husband live over 300 miles away. The daughter is 14 (going on 15) and I'm just wondering if it is worth modifying the divorce decree for visitation? The daughter has pretty much been "brainwashed" by her mother and pretty much acts like she really doesnt want to see her dad. Do you think it's worth trying to modify the decree to where he can pick her up one weekend of everymonth and whatever the standard visitation is for both parties living within over 100 miles from one another? And say like now if we were to try to get her to come here for thanksgiving (which is what the decree states that he should get) and she doesnt want to? Does he have a right to just go up there anyway and try? what should he do? He doesnt want any BS started but just wants a relationship with the daughter.

Please advise

[This message has been edited by MalibuDreamz (edited August 24, 2000).]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

It sounds like you are trying to decide whether to buy a used car or not. No offense.

If a father-daughter relationship is important to the dad, then do go and modify the decree.

Get a family attorney and revisit the issue. Such a family relationship is priceless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">