• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation Rights of Siblings......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sisterof2

I am in DESPERATE need of advice. I have recently confronted my father about him molesting and raping me when I was a child. My father denies everything. My father has made me an outcast to the entire family. He threatens me whenever I call to speak to my mother or brothers. He says that if I try to come around or if he sees me in town there's no telling what he may do. Well, even though I am going through this, I still love and care for my mom and younger brothers. When we do get a chance to talk, they tell me that they miss me and want to see me. My father has threaten me and them. He constantly tells them that if they try to see me or talk to me that they can never come back home to live again. My mother is a nervous wreck. She wants to see me. She makes every effort to see me but is afraid of what my father may do if he catches her. My father is VERY abusive. Could someone please give me advice on what to do? Is their somekind of law that says I can see my mom and brothers? How do I get my mom out of this situation when she is afraid to leave? Could someone PLEASE HELP ME..

U

usdeeper

It is posts like this where I wish I could help more.. I hate to see any post containing stories of abuse...

Since no one else has jumped in yet.. my limited knowledge believe that you can do little without your mothers cooperation. She needs to get out of this environment and get away from the abuse.

Once she has made the decision to leave, there are groups and agencies who will help her.. but from what I know, few will step in unless they see some form of committment from her. The main reason for this is the amount of people who end up returning to the same environment.. thus the groups and agencies feel their time has been wasted. She need to take that first step and want to leave. Once she leaves, there is a great deal you and your mother can do, including getting a restraining order. Make sure you have proof or some evidence.

One things you could do.. if the other children are being abused in some way, you could contact the Child Protection Agency..

S

sisterof2

Thanks for the information usdeeper!

[This message has been edited by sisterof2 (edited July 21, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">