• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation Schedule

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

growingup

My daughter is 14 years old now and is involved in sports and other school functions. The rigid (every-other-weekend)visitation schedule is starting to cramp her style. In Arkansas, does there ever become a point where the visitation schedule is suspended?

A

AMomInNC

Can't her father take her to these activities? I don't think every other weekend is considered "rigid". I mean, look at it from his perspective, what if YOU only got to see her 4 days a month?

Just food for thought.

------------------
~God gave me three angels!~

MySonsMom

Although I do understand your frustration and know that visitation can get quite inconvenient; especially when the children get older. Like AMom said, talk to your X and see if he would be in agreeance to particpating in allowing the children resume normal activities on his weekends. If not, then see if there is an alternative visitation that he could agree upon so the children can continue with their activities. As the custodial parent, you are obligated to encourage the visitation with the non custodial parent. So in all reality, you cannot stop them from visiting. If you can work something out, and try to cooperate with him regardign the children that is always best. But you always have to encourage and respect the visitation schedule, regardless of what the children or you have planned. Good luck!

------------------
*There is no love, like the unconditional love of a Mother*

-I am not an Attorney, any advice given is strictly advice-

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">