• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wanting to move out of state.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

UnhappyMom67

I live in Delaware now and I'm looking to move out of state. I talked to my ex-husband about moving. He told me he did not care if I moved and wanted to know when I was moving. Now that the time has come that I want to move he is going to a lawyer. I wrote up and agreement stating I would make sure he would get to see our son on hoildays and in the summer time at my cost. I personally can not talk to him about it because I have a PFA order out on him for threatening me. I do already have a job waiting for in the state I wish to move to. Can he stop me from going?

Thank you!

MySonsMom

Since he won't agree or give you "permission" to move you will have to get permission from a judge. With you willing to work with him on visitation and costs there shouldn't be a huge problem getting a judge to allow the move..since you have a job waiting I would move quick. Good luck!

------------------
~MySonsMom~

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MySonsMom:
since you have a job waiting I would move quick. Good luck!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets clarify that... what the wonderful respondant means is to move quickly to a judge.. not to move out of state as quick as you can :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">