• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does this clause mean? Is it legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Beezer

This was at the bottom of a form we were asked to fill out before enrolling our child in an in home pre-school program....
In signing, I hereby fully release and save harmless the (Pre-school name)and (the persons name) free and harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, or damage including without limitation, all legal fees and cost incurred in connection with any action or actions arising and resulting directly or indirectly, in whole or part from the above child's participation in this program. Just what does this mean?

B

Brigit

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beezer:
This was at the bottom of a form we were asked to fill out before enrolling our child in an in home pre-school program....
In signing, I hereby fully release and save harmless the (Pre-school name)and (the persons name) free and harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, or damage including without limitation, all legal fees and cost incurred in connection with any action or actions arising and resulting directly or indirectly, in whole or part from the above child's participation in this program. Just what does this mean?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It sounds like they are telling you that if something happens to your child while in their care, they are not legally responsible...had that problem with my daughter's school, they sent home a "blanket" form for field trips and it said the same thing. I solved it by asking that I be notified of each trip seperately...a little bit of grumbling from them, but... :)

B

Beezer

Thanks Brigit but this is for everyday not for feild trips!!! That is what is so scary about this whole situation. We have decided for obvious reasons not to send our child there. We would have to be crazy to give our child to anyone who says while in my care I cannot be held responsible if something should happen. We are now researching this further because we believe thisis illegal in some way or another. How can you care for children and not be responsible for them???

B

Beezer

Thanks Brigit but this is for everyday not for feild trips!!! That is what is so scary about this whole situation. We have decided for obvious reasons not to send our child there. We would have to be crazy to give our child to anyone who says while in my care I cannot be held responsible if something should happen. We are now researching this further because we believe thisis illegal in some way or another. How can you care for children and not be responsible for them???

U

usdeeper

I think you have made the right decision. Reading that paragraph makes it sound like they are not prepared to be held liable for anything that happens and you will pay all costs associated with legal action. I too, am not sure it is legal..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">