• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What if the details in a divorce are vaguely written

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

evols

My ex and I have been divorced for 3 months now,it was uncontested in NH. We made certain agreements.Debt division was recorded in the decree. I'm reponsible for a car (which I drive)and 1 credit card (worth half of our debt)both of these are in his name alone. He asked me the other day to change the car and credit card into my name, which was always my intention. I tried but it wouldn't work because I'm not working right now, I'm going to school. He told me if I didn't do it by Wed. he was coming to get the car. I told him if he took the car he could have the credit card bill too. He ended up telling me then that he would stick with our original agreement. And told me it was because of his girlfriend that he had asked. She wants everything in my name right now so he doesn't have to have any contact with me because she's jealous of me or so he says. He says she's making his life miserable over it, so I'm worried at what he might do next. What rights do I have? Nowhere on the divorce decree does it say I get the car after it's paid. I just figured since it was my debt to pay it would be mine. Does he have any basis on which to threaten me with taking stuff away? Please help, I'm nervous. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">