• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is the right of the noncustodial parent should in event of death of custodial?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amberrove

In the state of florida what is the statute governing the right of the noncustodial parent in the event of the death of the custodial parent. Does custody automatical transfer to that parent, providing they are fit? What rights, if any, would a custodial step-parent have concerning retaining custody? Would the fact that the child had a half sibling with that step parent have any bearing?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by amberrove:
In the state of florida what is the statute governing the right of the noncustodial parent in the event of the death of the custodial parent. Does custody automatical transfer to that parent, providing they are fit? What rights, if any, would a custodial step-parent have concerning retaining custody? Would the fact that the child had a half sibling with that step parent have any bearing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Are you the step-parent or the non-custodial parent asking these questions?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">