• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why don't my kids count?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SecondWife

My husbands ex wife is signed up through recovery services for child support. She recently requested a review and even though we have a daughter together, the support amount was raised. We asked if my son could be included in the calculation. We were told no because he wasn't my husband's responsibility. We told them we were in the process of my husband adopting my son and we were told to call back after the adoption was final and the case could be reviewed. We did this and now are being told they will not review the case since "natural and adopted children cannot not be used to decrease support, only lessen an increase". Why is the law on his ex wife's side? And why aren't my kids important enough to get consideration? Why can't they have their fair share? Why is the system so worried about his oldest daughter and doesn't care about my kids? Does anyone have any reasons for this? I am so frustrated. We aren't trying to get out of paying child support but we feel our kids don't count. Can anyone help? Thanks!

A

Always searching

My sister in law said it best "Second wives pay for the sins of the first". Most everyone has heard my story but I will tell you the short version. He had 3 I had two and we had one. We had his on and off when the bio mom was out gallavanting. Husband fell 22 feet off a roof, crushed his feet and in wheelchair. Only disability to live on. She takes us back to court to get all of his social security disability. Ends up getting half and I have to go back to work. I am mad as *7%# because this baby we had together would be the first one I could actually stay home with. He is charged with arrears immediately, ruins our credit and I am depressed. One thing I can say is that I am sorry about your situation, but I understand. The children are grown now with children of their own and everyone loves dad and sees that bio mom is and will always be a money grubbing person. One of the boys won't even talk to her anymore which is sad but she showed her true colors to him. You will survive this I promise. Get credit in your name only and work hard and the years pass. Try not to be bitter (I still don't like her) and good luck ok.

K

Karen_usvi1

Your Kids Count!!! The state is trying to recover FOR THE STATE. As you didn't ost your state, I can only say things really ARE changing. www.ancpr.com is a helpful site, Because of the input there, So far, Jon stays, to all who know us.
The state hardly is concerned about your spouse, please don't let it hurt your relationship there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">