• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife required by court to help pay for college

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

B. Bossoloni

Ex-wife ordered to pay $4,000 for this year, 2000/2001, college expenses for our daughter. Last year, I footed entire bill. I have mailed bursar bill to ex-wife certified mail. Question, what if she doesn't pay the bursar bill? What recourse do I have to make her abide by the court order? Subsequent years are to be split 50/50 between the 2 of us.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B. Bossoloni:
Ex-wife ordered to pay $4,000 for this year, 2000/2001, college expenses for our daughter. Last year, I footed entire bill. I have mailed bursar bill to ex-wife certified mail. Question, what if she doesn't pay the bursar bill? What recourse do I have to make her abide by the court order? Subsequent years are to be split 50/50 between the 2 of us.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for stating the obvious.. but you drag her butt back into court and give the judge a big stick to save his hand from being hurt.

------------------
Psst... I do not work for Macdonald’s or Burger King, and even if I did, I would not tell you. For sloppy bread, tired tomatoes, frozen onions, watered down mayonnaise and imitation meat, please find a drive through window with a person who openly admits they make that stuff.

My advice above is equal to the advice they would give if you asked that person a legal question.

U

Ukiah

LB why give the Judge a big stick to save his hand from being hurt, what's she going to do? Bite it off??

;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">