• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wifes ex pays child support in pennies!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

micoleman

My wifes ex just paid his weekly child support check in pennies.....is this legal in california???

M

micoleman

he actually goes to the bank...orders the pennies....wheels them home....unwraps every roll and gives us a bucket or two of pennies.

the thing is this costs additional costs and time to convert the pennies into cash.....

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jyoung:
just make sure the elephants aren't musty...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

My elephant is in her 12th month. I can't wait for the blessed event!!

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

B

busman

I actually had a friend of mine who was held in contempt of court because he paid his ex- his settlement in pennies ($20k worth). So, the lesson learned is that some courts do not care that pennies/dimes/nickles, etc., are currency, you shall pay what they find is acceptable.

T

TxBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by micoleman:
he actually goes to the bank...orders the pennies....wheels them home....unwraps every roll and gives us a bucket or two of pennies.

the thing is this costs additional costs and time to convert the pennies into cash.....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

:D
I am sorry but I just find this whole thing absolutely hilarious. I would invest ina change roller and just reroll the change and take it to a bank and get my money. You have to admit it is pretty ingenious. Hmmm I have a few debts I would love to pay in pennies....
I am sure that in time you will find this humorous also.

If you let it get to you he willkeep doing it also, you might want to consider blowing it off and in time he will see that he isnt affecting you by it and give up. Seems like alot of work to just annoy you.

[This message has been edited by TxBlu (edited October 06, 2000).]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My further response:

Do you want to turn this around and REALLY piss him off?

Let me know.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

T

TxBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
My further response:

Let me know.

IAAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really want to know how to do this.. *S* could always use a few tricks up my sleeve.

Jenifa

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
My further response:

Let me know.

IAAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IAAL:

Behave, I'm watching you. LOL (but I really want to know how :D)

Jenifa

Jenifa

My response:

I'm being a good boy today! How are you doing Jenifa? Is baby okay, and kicking? I can't wait for November to roll around. Even before you know that the baby is born, I want to know first when the baby's born, okay? (is that even possible?)

Anyway, since the payments are made in pennies, just file an Order to Show Cause Re: Contempt of Court (Failure to Pay Child Support) and watch how fast ONLY checks are used in the future, once he gets slapped with an arrearage contempt of court order!! He won't be able to prove he's made any payments. Then, ask the judge to amend the CS order to make him pay in "greenbacks" with a receipt of payment, or by Certified Bank Cashier's Check, each month. He'll be begging for mercy.

IAAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm doing ok IAAL. How are you? I was wondering how someone can prove payment of support when it's made with pennies without a receipt, and if someone ever went to pay me with pennies they'd be lucky not to find my shoe up their @$$, never mind a receipt. :rolleyes: (Oops! Who said that?) Forgive me, I'm cranky. I have a cold. The baby's doing great, although she's starting to crowd out my organs. :( Ok, complaint session over. I'm happy again. :)

About your request to know before I do about the baby's birth? I'll see what I can do. LOL And yes, you are always a good boy, darling...sometimes a wee too good for your own good. ;)

Jenifa

P.S. that is a great idea about the penny payer, by the way.

[This message has been edited by Jenifa (edited October 06, 2000).]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jenifa:
I'm doing ok IAAL. How are you? I was wondering how someone can prove payment of support when it's made with pennies without a receipt, and if someone ever went to pay me with pennies they'd be lucky not to find my shoe up their @$$, never mind a receipt. :rolleyes: (Oops! Who said that?) Forgive me, I'm cranky. I have a cold. The baby's doing great, although she's starting to crowd out my organs. :( Ok, complaint session over. I'm happy again. :)

About your request to know before I do about the baby's birth? I'll see what I can do. LOL And yes, you are always a good boy, darling...sometimes a wee too good for your own good. ;)

Jenifa

P.S. that is a great idea about the penny payer, by the way.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You're just a cute, sweetie!! I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather. Hope you feel good soon. Little IAAL is crowding your organs, huh? That could mean she's rising up, and that means you may give birth sooner than November, or at least very early in November. She shouldn't be rising up this soon. Gee, if that's it, I could be an uncle sooner than expected!

IAAL

------------------

Jenifa

My response:

You're just a cute, sweetie!! I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather. Hope you feel good soon. Little IAAL is crowding your organs, huh? That could mean she's rising up, and that means you may give birth sooner than November, or at least very early in November. She shouldn't be rising up this soon. Gee, if that's it, I could be an uncle sooner than expected!

IAAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for the compliment Yeah, I think it's kind of early for her to be rising too. My sister is due a few weeks before me, and she just began complaining about the baby crowding her organs within the last few days also.

I guess I'll have to put a rush on to get the last minute things in place, just in case. Yes, you may be an uncle sooner than you thought. LOL

Jen

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">