• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

40 hours vacation to end employment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name of state for YOU! Flo-rida.

Invovled in an interstate custody dispute and i just want to parent. I have been at current job for over a year and have accumulated 40 hrs vacation.

I have gotten a job at another location with the same company/different franchise owner. I am moving there for family and employment.

I want to take my vacaction to travel to new job within the Company name but different franchise and owner.

Can my current employer deny my request for vacation because it would be my last week of work? Or what issue could I run into in a "right to work state" or by a buisiness that is trying to cut all cost.....
Please help as I can not afford to lose a weeks pay. While driving 1300 miles and securing housing ect......

My start date at new company is 28th of june.

I requested the 21st of June thru the 27th of June off on May 31 2011, 2 weeks before period requested off per company policy.

Please help with how I go about this?:D

CSO286

Name of state for YOU! Flo-rida.

Invovled in an interstate custody dispute and i just want to parent. I have been at current job for over a year and have accumulated 40 hrs vacation.

I have gotten a job at another location with the same company/different franchise owner. I am moving there for family and employment.

I want to take my vacaction to travel to new job within the Company name but different franchise and owner.

Can my current employer deny my request for vacation because it would be my last week of work? Or what issue could I run into in a "right to work state" or by a buisiness that is trying to cut all cost.....
Please help as I can not afford to lose a weeks pay. While driving 1300 miles and securing housing ect......

My start date at new company is 28th of june.

I requested the 21st of June thru the 27th of June off on May 31 2011, 2 weeks before period requested off per company policy.

Please help with how I go about this?:D
Reveiw your policy and procedure manual. Some employers do not permit an employee to use PTO/vacation time as part of thier two week notice.
It's not state-specific, it varies by company.

ok ok

at the companys discretion though if there were extenuating circumstances though right?

or are they jus gonna flat out deny it!!!!

its really a transfer! i was hired over phone! my manager here gave me a great reference!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Florida law does not require the payout of unused vacation at termination. It is entirely up to company policy.

Likewise, no law in any state requires that you be allowed to take vacation as part of your notice. That is also entirely up to company policy.

Finally, in all states an employer can always deny a vacation request in the absence of a legally binding and enforceable contract that specifically says otherwise.

It will be entirely up to the employer whether to allow this or not.

Beth3

Or what issue could I run into in a "right to work state" or by a buisiness that is trying to cut all cost.....

And lastly, "right to work" means you can't be forced to join a union in order to be employed. What you mean to say is that Florida is an "at will" employment State.

Im trying to understand

So they can deny it per company policy IE: they will have some piece of paper from the company that says "company will not pay vacation during two week notice period" or something to that effect.
Or they can just flat out say "no" we dont wanna pay you your vacation?

our vacation request have to be in 2 weeks in advance and I put this one in on may 31st not knowing i had another job lined up**************

Antigone*

So they can deny it per company policy IE: they will have some piece of paper from the company that says "company will not pay vacation during two week notice period" or something to that effect.
Or they can just flat out say "no" we dont wanna pay you your vacation?

our vacation request have to be in 2 weeks in advance and I put this one in on may 31st not knowing i had another job lined up**************
Vacation pay is not a right. It is a benefit. Now, pass the dressing;)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Florida does not have any requirement whatsoever about the payout of unused vacation. So yes, they can come right out and say no, we don't want to pay it. They do not have to have a policy stating the terms.

where we stand

My manager, (boss) said he will approve my vacation and deal with the franchise once im gone. Now I believe My boss but also believe he would tell me anything at this point to keep me happy and working good....

Yet I just looked and its still in his desk and not signed or approved. If its not approved by the 21st the first day Of the start of the vacation I guess thats a big NO by default....

Ill be pissed if I dont get it!:mad:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't blame you. I would be also. But it will be legal if you don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">